You know what can be one of the most depressing things you can do? Watch the news. Every day there is some news story of madness or mayhem that makes you want to stay in bed and never leave home. Bad things happen all the time. Does that mean you have to focus on it? No. You can always choose differently. So that’s the theme for today, finding things that make me happy right now. Five to be exact.
1. My hubby. He’s pretty awesome. He loves me. He works hard. He’s great with the kids. What more can a girl ask?
2. My children. Right now, my children are happy and healthy. Sure they fight and leave the house a mess, but I wouldn’t trade them for the world. Their smiles would melt any mother’s heart and I am thankful they have smiles for me.
3. An ice cold Coke. There is nothing like have an ice cold Coke after a long hard day at work. Or after a good workout. Or after cleaning the kitchen. Or after doing just about anything. I am well away that it’s not healthy. But come on. It’s a Coke.
4. Steady Income. I don’t know about you, but the struggle is real. Especially when you are trying to transition from working full time for someone else to making the leap and working on your own. And there have been times when we didn’t always know where the next meal was coming from or if the mortgage was going to be paid.
5. Blessed Assurance. No matter what happens, I know where I will go when I die. Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I continue to be a work in progress and some days I miss the mark by a mile. But I continue to run the race. My goal is to hear God say “Well done, good and faithful servant.” I know I am in God’s hands, even when bad things happen.
Now it’s your turn. Are you choosing to be happy today? What are the things that make you happy?