Now that I am no longer 16, time has proven to be a wiser teacher than I thought. I thought I knew it all back then. Yeah, I knew nothing! So here are some things I would tell myself if I could go back and speak to myself at 16. Hopefully my children will read this someday and avoid some of the mistakes I’ve made.
- You deserve to be respected.
- Stop trying to please everyone. It’s impossible.
- You will only spend about 5% of your life in high school. Whatever you’re embarrassed about today probably won’t be remembered in 20 years.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Never chase a man who is not chasing you.
- Credit cards are the devil. Pay cash always!
- Don’t be scared to try something new.
- You will fail sometimes. Learn the lesson and keep it moving.
- Don’t pick a career based on the money you’ll make. The money won’t matter if you’re miserable.
- You’ll never get this time back, so make the most of it.
I thought I would keep it simple today. Are these some things you would tell yourself at 16 if you could? What would you add to the list? Drop your comments below.