Hello my name is Norma Arriaga. I’ve never participated as a guest blogger before but want to start up my own blog some day! So this challenge will give me awesome practice while meeting lots of new friends! So here we go!
1. First and foremost I am a royal daughter of an almighty king in Heaven! God is the center of my life.
2. I am a homeschooling mom and wife learning the ropes of this challenging but very rewarding, alternative form of education for my children.
2. I have the two most beautiful girls in the world! My nine year old, Natalie and my 4 year old Sophie. They are my heart!
3. I met my husband Cesar on the dance floor as he came dancing over to me! I always picture John Travolta on the dance floor on the movie Grease and that’s the best I can describe that night! Hahaha… if you met my husband you would never believe this, as he is a very shy guy! Been married 11 years, August is our wedding anniversary month 🙂
4. I joined the military right out of High School and served ONLY my very BASIC enlistment term. Taught me discipline, how to carry 30lbs on my back while TRYING to run, crawled under barb wire in mud trenches while grenades flew overhead (assimilated war, it felt very much like WAR!) I learned how to breathe in a gas mask and the effects of taking it off while still in the gas chamber … not my best experience but I got brownie points for serving my country during that time in my young adulthood and formed a special bond with people that became like my brothers and sisters.
5. I loved school as a child and LOVE books!! During the summer months instead of going to the pool or hanging out with the neighborhood kids, I cuddled on the couch with romance novels and read them from cover to cover! I loved Romance novels then, I DO NOT do Romance novels anymore! Still love to read but my reading selections have changed quite drastically!
6. I dreamed of being in a “Novela” (Spanish Soap Opera). I remember an agency coming to our home trying to take me to audition because they were going to make me famous.. lol! My mom would not have it and we wouldn’t have been able to afford it either.. so my dream ended in winning 3rd place at a beauty pageant. Sometimes I wonder what if, hmmm….. I teach my girls “What if” does not exist, so that’s that.
7. I have a slight case of OCD. It may be more serious than what I may think but I find myself straightening out stuff all the time, noticing a white spot or small piece of white paper on my chocolate brown laminate. Stuff like that.. makes me wonder.
8. I love to travel. I was lucky to visit Paris about 12 years ago. What a magnificent place! Visited Hawaii and Canada about 10 years ago. Was able to visit many major cities in Mexico while working for Continental Express Airlines.
9. I’m an ambivert. I love the party scene, party planning, socializing but I LOVE my quiet alone time! I try to get the best of both worlds.
10. I’m a coffee addict working on quitting, not really.
11. My favorite adult beverages are Red Vino and top shelf Margaritas.
12. I do not like drinking out of tall plastic cups. Has to be glass! Yes, I know I’m a little crazy too. I may need to add that as a fact all by itself.
13. The beach is the ideal retreat. Warm sand between your toes while reading a good book is inexpensive therapy.
14. I care too much. I would elaborate but the result would be a small reader book.
15. I was born in Los Angeles, Ca, raised in San Bernardino, CA. Moved to Texas in 2000 and embrace the country life now.
16. I’ve bungie jumped, ridden a motorcycle and love horseback riding.
17. I’m a secret writer. I’ve been writing since I can remember and tuck every single written piece of paper in a box away. There are trails of written pieces everywhere I’ve been, I’m sure.
18. I’m blind as a bat! I MUST either be wearing my glasses or contacts, otherwise it does not matter if you are in my face, I will have to squint to distinguish your unique features and figure out who you are!
19. I’m a sweet and salty kinda girl.
20. And last but not least.. I’m an It Works distributor working on growing my team, sharing our amazing natural health and beauty products.
Wow, that was not as easy as I thought it’d be! Makes me think how little I pay attention to myself and how little I actually may even know myself. What a great way to get back in touch with oneself! I hope you enjoy reading a little about me. I know I’m enjoying reading and getting to know everyone!